The day can be structured to be as relaxed or as competitive as you require. Whether you a looking for a rewarding away day as recognition for a successful sales team, or a more demanding programme, where the skills taught will then be tested in a series of competitive challenges requiring teamwork, negotiation and agreement.
Bushcraft & Survival team building days can be highly customised, depending on the running time available.
Price is dependent on the number of participants and chosen activities.
Examples of activities that can be incorporated include:
- Fire lighting - Discover and practise ancient and modern methods of fire lighting, and learn to leave no trace on the landscape.
- Water - Sourcing and purifying water from the land
- Shelter - Emergency shelter building - natural and/or man-made (with tarps, line and knots work!)
- Learn the ancient skill of Long Bow Archery from a GB Archery qualified Insructor, and then put your skills to the test with a competition..
- Field craft- How to move without being heard or seen
- Observation Skills - Field Observation challenge, spot the subtle clues to what;s out of place.
- Animal Tracks
Interpretation training followed by team challenge- negotiate and agree and present your teams analysis of the natural evidence in a series of test.
- Emergency Cordage - Making emergency ropes and string with natural fibres.
- Camp Cooking
- Learn to cook a range of tasty treats on an open fire.
- Wood Carving - Learn some fundamental safety and carving tips and have a go at carving yourself an item to take home.
- Plant and tree ID
- Learn to identify useful plants and trees and then pit your teams new knowledge against your rivals.
The day will not only be fun, but also fairly physical and mentally stimulating, plus challenging, in terms of listening and taking on new skills quickly, and providing plenty of opportunity for the development of resourcefulness, teamwork, delegation, leadership and rousing the competitive team spirit!.